Becoming member of Edueca
Firstly, before you can join a course or any educational project you should be member of Edueca, it is free and has not obligations. You should go to www.edueca.com and click on “Register” button.
Fill your name, the family name and your e-mail. Later the password you will use to enter in Edueca, repeat the password twice, just to be sure. Accept the terms and then click “Register”
To be sure that you are the owner of the email you introduced you will receive a message to that mail, it will include a button. Click on it and afterwards your membership will be confirmed.
Welcome to Edueca
Now you can login in Edueca. Simply click on “Log in” and write your email address and your password. Now you are identified inside the platform. You will see that your name appears on the top right corner of the window.
Once you are an Edueca member, there is one last step to go inside your course or training activity; You should join or request the inscription. There are several options:
- If the course coordinator (that is the teacher or trainer) has made the course public and open, you can look for the course you want to join. Go to www.edueca.com and later to “Projects” section. If the project is open, you can clic on “Register”
- If the coordinator has decided not to make the course public to everybody, you should ask him/her the address of the course. Probably he/she has sent you by mail or is available on their organisation website. If you click on the address you will be able to register and access the course directly.
• Also the trainer or teacher can invite you directly (by e-mail). If so, you should have received an email with a link to accept the invitation
Welcome to your course
No matter which of the three options you have available to join your course. Once you become member, you will see it first in the www.edueca.com “Projects” section
In the example below, you can see an example of a course about Astronomy, you can see 4 sections:
- Welcome, Bienvenido
- News, Noticias
- Course, Curso
- Tutorship, Tutorias
The title they have depend on the trainer (and the name will be in the language he/she writes). For example, instead of previous examples it is possible to have:
- Welcome: a page to put welcome information
- Organisation: a page to find aims, dates, etc.
- Course: the main content of the course, the learning units
- Tutorship: as a forum to ask doubts
- Task 1 – presentation: as a forum where all the participants can meet
Please, be aware that it is up to your trainer to decide if a section is necessary or not. We are going to show here the most common options, but those can change.
Here you can find the important information about the course. It is written by the trainer, teacher or coordinator. You can find a welcome and also the objectives, date, duties, tasks, or deadlines. It is also nice to find a video of presentation.
The trainer can announce here the things he/she considers important, for example, the tasks to do, assignments, important dates, or events. It is like a board.
The course is divided in sections (as if they were chapters or learning units). Each of them has more sections (as sub-sections) and inside, more content (videos, PDFs, text, etc.). Feel free to navigate through the course.
The content of the course can be text, but also forums, tasks, questionnaires… Other example.
It is possible to find a forum also. There you can ask doubts, share ideas or collaborate with your classmates. Be aware that is the trainer who decides the use of these tools. For example, it can be used for presenting ourselves, organise a team, solve doubts, or do a collaborative work.
The network tab is always available on the top of your window.
It works like a social network. A group is always created for a course. A trainer can send important information (it is also sent by mail or SMS if you accept to provide your mobile number). You are free to publish your ideas, findings, and anything you consider useful. Other people can join you and you can create a group. It is very useful to share ideas, collaborate or get some support from colleagues.
The library is a place to store things: documents, images, links, etc.
If you find something interesting (a comment, learning unit, a document, a link…) and you wish to keep it, this is your place. You can also add information, comments and share that files with your classmates in the network.
We will be delighted to help you. Simply go to the Forum