Login and create a project
In Edueca anybody can create an educational project. For example, you can create a course (with learning units), a sharing space (with collaborative tools) or other types of projects depending on your needs.
To create a project you should first login, afterwards, go to Projects tab. Click on the “Create a Course” button or other options. Do not worry too much about this, you can always change your options.
Click on “Create a course” or other buttons depending on your project type:
- Course: it has a start and end, divided in modules (or learning units). It has also a board for announcing news and a forum for sharing purposes.
- Collaborative project. It has not an ending neither a begining. The main activity rely on networking and sharing a virtual space
- New types to come
Introduce basic data
You should first introduce some basic data to create your project. Do not worry if you are not sure about some of them, you can always change them afterwards.
- Short name: this is the acronym of your project. It will be send in e-mails (in the subject) or when you send a SMS to your learners. We reccoment the use of a simple and easy to remember code ( as 12 characters).
- Title: The title of your project
- Type: it can be a course or collaborative project. New types soon to come.
- Language: This is the language of the labels that appear in the project, For example the labels that appear in the button
- Access level:
- Public: anybody will see it as far as you make some content public. Your project will appear in Edueca directory. Also you will have a link that you can include anyplace you wish. People that click there will be able to see your content. It is very useful in case you wish to offer some parts of the course public (some learning units public) while keeping the main parts private. You can then show anybody of the World some content, while restricting other only to learners enroled in your course.
- Immediate registration: you can put the link of your project on your website, organisation page, or send to anybody you wish. They can click and after registering in Edueca, they will be members of your project. Of course, you can revise always who has become member and remove them if you wish.
- Students or members should request access: it is the same than previous option, but it is moderated; after people request their enrollement you should aprove or deny access.
- Teacher should invite students. The project will never appear visible, it neither will give option to people to register or become member. You should invite them (you have that option in the members list in your project)
Click on “Create project” after filling all the option. Remember you can always change this. For example, if you are staring to include some learning material in the course and you want nobody to see it, choose “Teacher should invite students”. When you are ready to start registration, change that option and open it to the world.
You can also include other trainers and administrators in your course. They can help you in this management tasks.
Now we are going to introduce the four main sections to administer your project:
- Basic data: you can define your title project, the level of acess, the description and image of your project. The description and image will appear in the directory of www.edueca.com (only if you have made your project public)
- Sections: surely your course will include learning units, or chapters or phases. It does not matter how you name it, we provide up to 3 levels, for example: Chapter 1. Section 1.1. and inside Sub-section 1.1.1. Each section can include content (text) and also videos, forums, questionnaires, albums, blogs or other tools
- Tools: These are tools that will be available all during the course (previous tools were included in a section) for example, you can have a place to announce news or a forum to solve doutbs, that will be always available, no matter the learning unit.
- Participants: Here you can see your students, invite new ones or remove them.
The network tab is always available on the top of your window.
You can post messages in your board. This is like a wall (like Facebook) where everybody can write comments, questions, suggestions, reply, or mark a message as “like”. Your project will have a group that is automatically created, you are the owner of this group.
If you have activated in your project “Send notifications” all your learners will receive messages when somebody writes a new message (after 2 days, unles your learner reads it before). As project leader (trainer), you can always send messages immediatelly, by e-mail, Telegram or SMS (it requires premium subscription)
Learners can create also their groups (for collaborative tasks) or individual walls, so they can share their thoughs, findings, discoveries…. We believe that this a good way to create networks among your learners.
The last option of this tab is to create pair networks (only between two people) that is for example in a tutorship between a learner and a trainer.
The library is a place to store things: documents, images, links, etc.
The space is limited (200 Mb) unless you become a premium member of Edueca. Meanwhile, feel free to include files, add information and share it with your classmates in the network. Also if you find some material in Edueca useful and you want to keep it forever in your library (as a lesson, comment, material…) you can add it to your library, while at the same time organise and add more information (that can be collaborativelly)
We will be delighted to help you. Simply go to the Forum